LIVE MUSIC AT THE BACKYARD
The Backyard music venue first opened its doors in 1993. With such legendary alumni as Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Paul Simon, The Allman Brothers, and Willie Nelson, it is known across the country for world-class musical performances in an intimate, outdoor setting. And now with the stunning new Live Oak Amphitheater and Glenn venues, this rich creative heritage and culture is not only preserved for those lucky enough to be here, but it is vastly expanding to include world-class symphonic and performance events as well as private parties and intimate events. The Backyard venues truly comprise the very heart and soul of the campus. After all, creativity brought The Backyard into being, and it underlies everything The Backyard is becoming. The buzz is palpable. The excitement is real. Get ready for the next generation of mind blowing entertainment in one of the most unique and beautiful venues in the United States.
LIVE OAK AMPHITHEATER
Carrying on the tradition of the legendary Backyard, The Live Oak Amphitheater creates a naturally unique environment for artists and fans. This incredible venue sits on the southeast corner of the site framed by majestic trees and ponds. The beautiful landscape leads you to the vast stage that accommodates a variety of events including live music, ballet, theater, and corporate events.
- Geared toward regional and national acts
- Premier 3,410 capacity venue for live music
- Flexible stage and seating to allow for a variety of performances (live music, ballet, symphony, opera)
- Private VIP box seating with onsite catering
- Electronic architecture sound reinforcement for enhancement of live symphonic performances
- Summer repertoire with Austin Symphony, Austin Opera, Ballet Austin, and Zachary Scott Theater
A much more intimate setting, The Glenn offers the perfect venue for not only smaller acts, but for private parties and corporate events. Private on-site catering is available, and there is also access to adjacent picnic tables, beer garden, and volleyball courts. It’s a true slice of Austin’s best right in the middle of the rolling Hill Country.
- Geared toward small and local acts
- Open 7 days a week
- Outdoor movie screenings
- Open before and after events in the Live Oak Amphitheater